24 July 2014

Yahoo Finance Ventures into Onion Parody or Satire or Comedy or Something

Here it is, in case you need a good laugh, savor it slowly, it really is quite hysterical: Yahoo Finance Loses it


You have got to be kidding me! How in the wide, wide, world of sports did an article from the Onion get published as fact in the Yahoo Finance Section? Oops, maybe my bad, maybe this was actually written by a fact challenged individual with absolutely no demonstrated knowledge of capitalism, finance, manufacturing or marketing, much less rifles or guns.


Where to start? "..must be the chance to make money."  Duh, is that not the purpose of a corporation? I would think a Yahoo Finance Writer would at least suspect this.


 "..unusually powerful." Huh? the .556 (.223 as it is sometimes called) is medium powerful at best, especially with the wind behind it.


"In common usage, "tactical shooter" is one of the descriptions of video game features." What? I have no idea what this means, although I must admit I have never spent even one minute playing Halo or some of the other choice offerings of simulated digital war games. So I looked it up in Wikipedia, probably as accurate a source as the author of this article used for his Non-Beretta comments, and found that:  A tactical shooter is a subgenre of shooter game that includes both first-person shooters and third-person shooters. These games typically simulate realistic combat, thus making tactics and caution more important than quick reflexes in other action games. Tactical shooters involving military combat are sometimes known as "soldier sims".


" The rifle is remarkably sturdy, according the Beretta: "  Are syntax, grammar, or typographical errors mandatory these days?


Enough time wasted on foolishness, the above of course is just my humble opinion, written by a one finger a letter at a time mode in between chuckles and trying not to bite my tongue which was firmly implanted in my cheek as I practiced Fair Use of partial content for purposes of review and ridicule.

No comments: